Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

2009 is winding down fast. Darling Hubby and I went out for supper but were home by 8pm. Not much of party animals. Going to bed soon. We are leaving to go visit family in the morning.

I did the Christmas mystery through clue 11. Clue 12 is the last clue. It's laying out the blocks and sewing the rows and borders together. That may just have to wait until Sunday or Monday.

My strange thought/reflection for today came to me as we were driving home from supper. We went to a restaurant about half an hour away and the drive there takes us through some rural areas and small towns. As we were passing through some areas, it occurred to me that there are just some houses that look lonely. I know there is a word for giving inanimate objects human characteristics, but I can't remember it. Anyway, we would pass a house along the way that just seemed to be in the middle of no where and I thought to myself, "that house looks lonely". Like it was playing hide and seek with it's brothers and sisters and got lost. Okay, so maybe I'm weird...

Tonight is a 'blue moon'. By definition, that is the second full moon in a month. It's pretty rare, and for it to happen on New Year's Eve is rarer. The next time it happens on New Year's Eve will be in 19 years.

No comments: