Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Working on mysteries without any clues...

Okay, so maybe I have clues, but that old Bob Seger tune popped into my head when I was putting in the title for today's blog post. I have completed step 5 of the mystery. I've also been sewing the waste triangles together as I put the units of the mystery together. I'm getting a nice little collection of them and I'm thinking they may come in handy along the border or on the backside of the quilt. The more I work with the little rosebud material, the more I fall in love with it.

I'm making homemade chicken strips tonight for dinner. The coating on them, after dipping in butter, is bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. I just put them on a cookie sheet and in the oven. I also am making some egg noodles with a chicken gravy for a sauce, and a fresh salad. Nothing fancy, but a decent meal for Dear Hubby when he gets home.

It's pretty cold outside tonight. We are supposed to get some snow this evening and tomorrow morning. The track record of our local weather people is pretty lousy, so I'll believe it when I see it.

I have to bring up something that has been on my mind recently. I am feeling quite a closeness with my mother these days. We seem to be sandwiched in between difficult generations. She is dealing with her mother, still adjusting to having her living there with her and all that goes with it. I am adjusting to my Darling Daughter having moved out and all the things that go with that situation. It's nice to have my mom to talk to. I'm really lucky, and I know it.

No comments: