Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Evening

Here's a picture of part of my Christmas village. This one is set up on a 6' folding table. There are houses on a shelf, on top of the piano, and on a card table in other parts of the room. Tonight I put up the Nativity scene on the cedar chest. Been decorating the tree throughout the week. I can't do it all at once because I break out from the needles.

Darling Daughter sent a picture from Florida. Her and her bf got down there this morning. The picture was of them driving his truck along the beach. I think they are having a great time. Her finals are over and she needed a break.

Darling Son is cat sitting for them. I think he's enjoying his little vacation away from home too! So I'm here all alone at night, with the exception of the dogs and cat. I don't have a lot of energy to do much sewing right now. Finishing Double Delight kind of zapped me, I guess. Mom got it today at work. She opened the package and laid the quilt over a chair in her office. She had a lot of people come by to see it and they were very kind with their compliments. That made me feel really good.

Mom also mentioned that one of the attorney's she works for, a fairly young woman, asked if I would be interested in putting together a quilt from blocks her mother, now deceased, had embroidered. I told her I'll take a look at them. I'll probably take the job. Mom says she thinks the blocks mean alot to the gal.

I walked 20 minutes on the treadmill today. I need to keep it up. It's just not something I enjoy, I know that!

I am very glad tomorrow is Friday. This week has been very long at work. I think I'm just ready for the holidays to get started.

I've been thinking of the mini log cabin blocks that I have from a swap a while ago. I have a couple ideas for them. One is a possible tree skirt for under the Christmas tree, but I don't think there are enough to make one of any decent size. The other is to make some quilted stockings from them. I don't even remember how many blocks I have. May go dig those up before the night is over or in the morning.

No comments: