Sunday, December 4, 2011

Almost there

I have quilted all twelve of the lap quilts for the nursing homes!  Trimmed six of them.  Hope to get started putting the binding on tomorrow after work.  I'm so excited!  There is such a sense of accomplishment, looking at them folded up on the table in a big stack, even if they aren't all the way done yet!  I am confident I can finish them this week.  They need to be done by next Sunday and I don't think that will be a problem at all.  I am so blessed to have this ability.  And very thankful for it!

Made pork chops, mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner tonight.  My friend Lori gave me her seal a meal machine and I sealed up some leftover meatloaf and threw it in the freezer, along with some rice.  I need to get more bags for it, and also an attachment to seal mason jars.

2 comments:

Lynley said...

Well done! That is such an achievement, you should take a photo of them all stacked up to show us!

Lori said...

Jar sealing--did you read on Judy Laquidara's blog where you put your salad ingredients in them and they stay nice for at least a week in jars in the fridge? I'm waiting for a jar sealer so I can try that!

I was looking to see if you had finished any of your double slice quilts--but you're been REALLY busy!!!