Saturday, December 10, 2011

Done, done, and done!

A stack of a dozen lap quilts!  All done!  I did it! 
And they are all under wraps, now.  Tomorrow is the pot luck dinner at church and after which they will be distributed to their intended recipients at different nursing homes in our area. 

I've got a batch of pumpkin apple raisin bread in the oven.  Taking some of it to the pot luck tomorrow. 

So, this morning, when I was putting the binding on the last lap quilt, I only had two sides to go and I would be all finished, the Bernina decided to act up.  It started when a needle broke.  It ended up with me taking the needle plate off, then taking apart the bobbin area and cleaning out all the fuzz and lint and thread and wow, how did this tempermental machine ever function with all that stuff in there?  That Bernina is not my favorite machine to use, mainly because of it's lack of being a workhorse, but after pulling all that stuff out of there, I have a newfound respect for the machine!  I am certainly not one to allow my machines to get in that condition, but the Bernina has a drop in bobbin, and all my other machines are not.  I wasn't cleaning it out properly because I didn't know I was supposed to clean some of the areas. 

Anyway, I had to take a 45 minute detour to do all that, then finish the binding on the last lap quilt. The machine is in tip top shape now.  I have another project I want to get on right away before Christmas gets here.  I want to finish up the pine trees wall hanging.

Ev put the lights on the Christmas tree tonight.  I'm going to put the ornaments on it tomorrow and try and get the village up.  Started clearing the junk off the piano so I can set up some of it there.  Why do I accumulate so much junk?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

AMAZING job on the lap quilts! That is a big project that will make a big difference in the lives of people.