Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday is coming up fast

Christmas is almost here!  It's been stretched out before and after the holiday for us this year.  Last weekend we went up to Mom's, this weekend we will have Christmas at home, then next week Nick's girlfriend will be here and we will have a mini Christmas with her. 

I have my menu planned out for Christmas Eve, when everyone will be home.  Making Cornish Hens, pea casserole, green bean casserole, salad, stuffing, and whatever else we want to add to it between now and then!

Baked a lot of those jar breads and have them in the freezer, so won't be doing a lot of baking.  Maybe a batch of cookies or two.  Want to make some cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning breakfast.  yummmm.

Almost done with my shopping.  Tomorrow, after Ev gets paid, I'll go to Wal Mart and pick up a few things that I have to get yet.  Most of my grocery shopping is done.  Ev did bring home a coupon from work for a free ham or turkey, so I'll pick that up soon.

Haven't done any more sewing on Bethany's quilt, but not worrying about it.  As long as the machine cooperates, I shouldn't have any trouble getting it done.  I asked Santa for a new rolling chair to use when I'm machine quilting.  The chair I have at that machine is a reject from work I took home years ago.  It's an office chair on wheels with no arms.  It would be perfect except it's all broken.  The back keeps sliding down and the padding is all worn down so it's like sitting on a board.  And it doesn't roll well at all.  So hopefully Santa's UPS delivery will get here on time....

No comments: