Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's that time of year again!

It's time to make goodie bags for Christmas!  Just made two this year.  One for Johanna and one for Nicholas.  Johanna doesn't have a steady boyfriend right now and Nicholas' girlfriend lives states away.  I don't have as much Christmas fabric as I thought I did and I was having a hard time picking out fabric.  I brought down several pieces and let Nick pick the material for his and for his sister's bag.  Nick's is the red one.  I like both fabrics and made a nice drawstring top this time, rather than just attaching a tie on one side.  That part changes from year to year, depending on my mood....

I started to put up my village today.  Didn't get too far, but that's okay.  I'll put it up through the week.  We have the tree done.  Didn't put too many ornaments or stuff on it this year, but we all like it and think it looks nice.

I am considering making us all new stockings this year.  Haven't hung the old ones up yet, either.

The church potluck was nice.  I got a kick out of seeing all the wrapped quilts sitting on with all the packages for the nursing home folks.  That was my little secret today and when one of the people went to pick up the stuff for their family member, it made me feel good.  Yeah, going to have to remember to start earlier next year on those so I can make them a little more special.

No comments: