Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ivy strikes again...

I forgot to mention in the last post that yesterday, when my darling husband came up to have lunch with me, he let our mouth with a dog attached stay inside.  Ev said it was drizzling and Nick was home (upstairs asleep) so he THOUGHT she would be okay.  right.  not.

Remember a few posts ago I mentioned I won something?  Well, what I won was a new television.  Our old console television threw in the towel about 9 months ago.  We then drug one of the kids' old 19" t.v.'s down to the front room and had been using it.  There was a contest where if you brought in a canned good, you got an entry into the drawing for a new t.v.  It was at our local Ford dealership, and I was very fortunate to win.  Of course, I think I brought enough canned goods in to feed a small army (they were donated to the local food shelter), but still came out ahead.

I digress.  Yesterday, while Darling Hubby and I were enjoying lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Ivy was dining on the remote control for the new television!   Oh, that dog!  She ate the remote for the satellite receiver not too long ago and we had to get a new one.  This brings her tally up to 2 remotes, 1 couch, 2 chairs, umpteen shoes, hats, and goodness knows what I've forgotten already.  It's a real good thing we love that dog....

Long story short, I called the manufacturer of the t.v. and it will be over $40 to replace the remote.  I called our satellite provider, DishNetwork, and they said our Dish remote should do everything the t.v. remote did.  After attempting to do some of the things it was supposed to do, Dish informed me that I need a new remote from them, which will be free, and they are sending one out.  Good ending to an aggravating start.

Oh, and I got a speeding ticket on the way home from work last night, but not telling my husband...  He will read about it in the local police report in the newspaper and then we can laugh about it...hopefully...  :)

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Whoops! Tickets happen. Maybe you can get the dog to eat that?

bunbear said...

sounds like a plan to me... think city hall will buy it? excuse me, officer, but the dog ate my ticket...