Friday, May 4, 2012

Close to delivery

Tomorrow is the big day!  Taking delivery of my Nolting tomorrow!  Woohoo!  I am so excited!  Doug and Lou are supposed to be at the house around 10:30 a.m.  I can hardly wait.

Johanna is moving back, so I have to get Nick all settled in the other part of the basement.  His bed is set up already, and as soon as I finish painting today and it's dry, I'm going to arrange it as best as possible for him.  Johanna is saying she is only staying for the summer, then moving back to school when Fall semester starts.  Nick just has to tough it out until then.  I feel bad that I'm taking this new room, which used to be his bedroom, for my machine, and shuffling him to another part of the basement (in the laundry area - oh, such a bad mommy...).  He has taken over the outside shed as his own domain, so I know he has somewhere to go for privacy.  It's a short term solution, having his bed down there, because when Johanna moves back to school, he will go back upstairs. 

I offered to bring all my sewing room stuff downstairs and he could have my sewing room for his bedroom.  That room is the room at the top of the stairs and you have to walk through it to get to the other bedroom.  He does not want it, and feels he will have more privacy in the laundry area. 

At any rate, today I am going to leave work at noon, go to lunch with a friend, then go home early.  I'm going to get a jump start on my vacation next week.  Will put a final coat of paint on the basement walls, then get Nick's area situated and ready for him.  Maybe I can work out some way to partition it off and give him as much privacy as possible.

No comments: