Sunday, May 20, 2012

So close

I am so close to having the quilt that's on the frame finished, I can feel it.  However... the best laid plans of mice and men had it's way with my plans today.

Ev has been working on the pool all day long, putting the new pump and hoses on the filter and getting it all started.  He needed my help here and there, so I worked on the quilt in between.

I got ready to make the last turn on the quilt and realized the backing was about four inches too short!  Argh!  Well, I guess if I have to make mistakes, this is the time to make them.  I basted a line straight across the backing and lined up a piece to lengthen the backing, right sides together, then used the longarm to stitch the seam.  Channel locks on the machine head really helped with these tasks.  Then I trimmed, and unpinned the backing.  I repinned the now longer backing and repositioned the entire set up.

With all the distractions and corrections, I didn't get the quilting finished today.  It's very close.  I'm satisfied.  I will be able to finish it this week.  In the mean time, I want to get a baby quilt pieced this week so I can get it on the frame and quilted before June 3rd.  That's when the next baby shower is.  This baby is going to be a girl, so I have a pink and white pattern picked out.  A week from that, June 10th, is the next baby shower and it's for a boy.  Busy, busy, busy.

And, to add to the mix, I have a tee shirt quilt to make for a customer.  I'm waiting for the pieces to come in.  The customer will prep them by putting stabilizer behind the pieces.  I will have to square them up and sew them together before quilting and binding.

No comments: