Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stripes

My strips are sewn into stripes.  I have a large panel of 2-1/2" strips alternating pink and white that I have sewn together and pressed.  Tomorrow I will cut them into strips of alternating colored squares and sew them back together into one big checkerboard of pink and white.  Then I get to play on Gemma!  Hee hee hee.  I'm going through longarm withdrawl, not having a quilt on the frame!

Had some running to do today.  Went to grocery store and bought lunchmeat and some other meat.  I picked up a couple slabs of spare ribs.  Ev is going to grill them tomorrow.  Went to Wal Mart and got a few other things I needed.  Their bank of coolers all along one wall was out, and they were working on fixing them.  They had plastic hanging in front of them but they were told that if they were out for two hours the food all had to be thrown out!  Wow, that will be terrible.

Very hot and humid today.  I didn't want to be outside much at all.  In fact, I didn't want to be doing any of that running, but it had to be done.  Tomorrow I plan to be home most of the day.  Want to get that top done and loaded on the machine!

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm on my last log cabin block. I only got 70 blocks ... I ran out of the white ... because I forgot to include the seam allowances in my estimations ... because there are so many white strips, that extra 1/2 inch per strip added up in a hurry. But it should finish about 63x90, or almost twin-sized, which will be just fine. Maybe once I get this to the flimsie stage, I can get back to hand quilting the single Irish chain quilt. ;-)

Stay cool - it's going to be a hot one today! And tomorrow, too!