Monday, May 14, 2012

Quilt practice

Typing those words, quilt practice, reminds me of when I was in High School and had to go to band practice.  We used to practice for the football games or concerts, or whatever.  It was fun and so is this quilt practice!

Here's a few pics of what I have been doing on the frame:
I've done a loopy meander in the larger, outer border.  In the inner border I'm doing some pebbling.  The loopy meander is something I have been comfortable with for a while with my domestic machine.  It came pretty natural to me.  Yesterday I didn't have any issues with it, however today I was getting some eyelashes going around curves.  Had to so some adjusting on that one.

The pebbling is a little more intense than I thought it would be.  I'm glad that border is not very big!  In the squares I have done a simple flower.  I like it!

I think in the big oblong areas I'm going to write some uplifting words.  And in the tan and rosebud area I'm thinking about a meandering leaf.  Not set on those things yet, though.  Still thinking about it.

So tonight I spent an hour downstairs on the machine after work.  That's a good amount of time for me to be practicing, I think.  And I'm not going to put any pressure on myself - if I want to take a day off, that's okay. 

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun with your your new machine. I'd love to have one--and like what little I know of the Nolting.