Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pink baby quilt quilted

I finished quilting the baby quilt tonight.  Had a few minor issues, with tension, of course, but also a couple little things with the machine.  When I pressed the single fire stitch button it did some strange things, but I might have inadvertently put it into a different stitch mode.  Going to have to read up on it.  I am not getting excited about it in any way.  I'm just documenting these things because I will look back on these early days of having the machine at some point and probably get a good chuckle at just how green I was!

So tomorrow I intend to trim the quilt and cut the binding strips.  If I happen to get the binding attached, so much the better!  Not sure what, if anything, I'll put on the label.

Made some chili for supper tonight.  When Ev and I were in Memphis at BB King's restaurant Ev ordered this hot dog that turned out to be fantastic.  It was split longways and grilled in a skillet, then served on a bun with chili and cheese.  I made my own version tonight with a hot dog and my own chili.  Wow, it was yummy!  Certainly not diet food.

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I've had chili dogs before, but never where they were split and then grilled. Sounds yummy!