Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Moving forward

Tonight I spent an hour on the longarm after work.  I did some more pebbling in the small border and did a leafy meander in the background.  I had to advance the quilt a little bit so that I could put something in the oblong areas.  I put the word 'joy' and a couple flowers in one of the areas.  My stitching to outline the area was a little wobbly, but I'm hoping when the quilt is washed it will blend in.  And if it doesn't, that's okay too.  This is a practice piece, and there will be mistakes.
So I'm just having fun with this.  A lot of fun!

I made some hamburger helper for Ev tonight and also a pot of spaghetti sauce.  He's been working some long hours and this way he will have some good stuff to eat and to take to work.


1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So glad that you're getting some time in on your longarm.