Thursday, May 31, 2012

A cold rain

That's what we have been getting today, a cold rain.  This has been such an odd Spring.  One day temps in the 90's the next day down in the 70's.  Go figure.

I was upstairs before work digging through the stash.  I picked out a medium light pink solid to use on the baby quilt as binding.  I would like to have had the bright pink that I used in the pieced back, but there wasn't enough.

I also did a quick look into my blue stash and have decided I need to get more baby blue colored material.  I have a lot of blue, but nothing that seems suitable for a baby blanket.  The mom has decorated the nursery in a zoo theme, so really, I'm guessing just about anything goes, color wise.  I'd like to do something bright and funky.

Saturday my friend and I are meeting in Arthur to visit the Amish shops.  I am planning to purchase some material for this baby quilt there. 

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Cold rain here, too ... although not nearly enough (.2 inches). Still, it's more than we've had in a long, long time so I can't complain. Temperatures, though, were only in the 60's. Too cold for me ... would have been perfect if I could have had my quilt on my lap, getting more quilting done ... had the grands instead. Tomorrow I hope to get some hand quilting done. ;-)