Thursday, February 28, 2013

Miscellany

Last night I ended up bringing Ev some of the leftovers from my dinner out.  That way I didn't have to do any cooking when I got home.  Now, tonight I need to make something decent.  I remember a recipe with chicken and swiss cheese but we just had chicken so I don't think I want to do that.  I'm going to the store at lunch to shop so maybe something will jump out at me.

Now, I really don't want something to literally jump out at me, but that is a distinct possibility here at work because it seems that there are critters living in the walls/ceiling.  This does not make me happy or comfortable, but not much I can do about it other than let the boss know.  Up to the building owner to get pest control in here.  Eww.

I've really been enjoying Earl Grey tea lately.  It's a pleasant change from regular old tea bags.  The Bigelow brand is my favorite right now.  My brother gave me some of the Starbuck's brand (can't remember the name right now) over Christmas which was very good.  I'm out of it, so have to settle for the kind I can get at the grocery store.  I also like the English Breakfast tea.

I seem to be in a t.v. slump.  Not that I watched much t.v. to begin with, but right now there just doesn't seem to be much on that I'm interested in, even my long running series.  I used to wait for Wednesday night so I could watch Criminal Minds, but now I turn it on for the first couple minutes and turn it off.  It's just too dark and depressing and the plot seems to be repeating itself.  I watched Downton Abbey and really really did not like the way they ended the season.  And Sons of Anarchy doesn't start back up until September, so that's on hold, too.  About the only show I'm still semi interested in watching each week is Hart of Dixie and if I miss it, I have it set to tape and will watch it whenever, no big deal.

I'm even kind of in a reading slump.  I finished reading a three book series and started another series by the same author.  However, I'm seeing the same pattern emerging and am quickly losing interest.  It was a free ebook, so if I don't finish it, it's not a big deal either.

So, what I really need to do is jump into a sewing project.  Goodness knows I have plenty to choose from!  Maybe it's just the Winter blahs, but I really do like Winter, so who knows?  sigh.

No comments: