This morning, before work, I got 40 minutes of sewing time in. In that time I was able to put the binding on the spiderweb string quilt for the nursing home. Last night I put binding on two others, so now I only have ONE MORE left to bind! woohoo!
Oiling the bobbin on Polly helped some, but oh the gunky dark stuff that came up with the thread was a sight! I had to run scrap material through for a long time to get rid of it all! The clanky sound diminished somewhat, but it's still there. I am going to take the faceplate off and oil that real good next. I was under the impression that the machine had been well oiled before I took it home, but apparently it needed more love.
Also, I was having a minor issue that when I stopped sewing and wanted to pull the bobbin thread out to cut it, it was catching on something and sticking. The machine is downstairs, not near all my sewing tools, so I just scraped the inside of the bobbin case lightly with a pair of scissors to see if it needed to be cleaned. It does. Seems to have a lot of fine rust/dust in there that isn't visible unless you really get in there. Will do that tonight, too. Even the little bit I did helped so I'm hoping that will completely solve the problem.
All in all, it's been a good sewing week so far. Polly is running well and I'm very pleased about that. The nursing home quilts will be delivered tomorrow for distribution Sunday. And now I can do a little bit of my own sewing this weekend. I've given myself this weekend do throw a couple things on Gemma that will be gifts. Then after they are done, the rest of my time will be devoted to the tee shirt quilt for my nephew. My brother's girlfriend wants to give it to him for Christmas, so I'm going to try real hard to get it done. At the very least I want to have the top finished and she can give him that, then I will take it back and quilt it.