Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Reflections

Maybe it's the season.  Maybe it was the music on the radio.  Either way, I was driving home from work today, after making several stops, and a song that always gets to me starts playing. 

There I was, close to my house, with a trunk full of groceries and presents, forming a blog post in my mind about Christmas lights, and Feed the World starts playing.  I couldn't help but think how blessed I am.  I have a family that is healthy and happy, and employed.  We don't have everything we want, but we have everything we need.  Vehicles that run.  Warm beds to sleep in at night.  Food on the table.  Presents under the Christmas Tree.

So many people in the world aren't as fortunate.  Something to be thankful for and try and remember, especially when we are trying to find those last minute gifts and fighting the crowds in the stores.

Every single person reading this post is blessed in many ways.  Count them up, folks.  It will make you feel better about things that have been bothering you.  Promise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have read your blog for a few months now, but have never commented. You are so right, we are very blessed to have those things, so many people in this world do not.
Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.
Jayna