Monday, February 2, 2015

Superbowl Monday

...and I'm dragging!  All that not-so-good-for-me food that I ate yesterday during the game has me a bit sluggish this morning.  But it was soooo good!  haha.  We had a bit of a spread:

Italian Beef with fresh rolls
Meatballs in chili/jelly sauce
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Mini Tacos - had to go to 4 stores to find those little buggers and then got the second to last box!
Egg Rolls
Jalapeno Poppers
Fresh Veggies and dip
Chips
Brownies
Sticky Buns
Rice Krispie Treats

There's a story behind those rice krispie treats.  I have had a box of the cereal sitting on the counter for a couple weeks.  I had bought it for a recipe around Christmas and then we never used up the rest of the cereal.  So it just seemed like a good idea to make the rice krispie treat bars.  Saturday evening Ev and I went to the little store in town and got a bag of marshmallows because that was the only ingredient not on hand.  When the ingredients were in the bowl in the microwave, there was a loud POP and when I looked in the bowl had cracked all the way around!  Now this was an older bowl, but one that had been in the microwave many times before.  So, of course the marshmallows that were in the bowl were not usable.  Never know if there are tiny bits of glass in there or not when something like that happens.

I just had it in my head that I needed to make those bars, so about 8pm we get in the car and drive to Wal Mart in the next town over, because by now I am thinking I need to make the sticky buns too and the Dollar General in our town didn't have the right ingredients for them.  We got what was needed and yesterday morning the rice krispie bars were done and ready to eat, as well as sticky buns.

And eat them they did!  Between Ev and Delbert I think they ate over half the pan!  So, the effort wasn't wasted, at least!

No comments: