Friday, March 6, 2015

19 Blocks and Counting

*Disclaimer*  I DO NOT watch the t.v. show "19 Kids and Counting".  The post title is just a little play on words.

That little bit out of the way, I finally sat down and counted how many blocks I have done.  It's 19 and I just pulled the fabrics for another 6 pairs of blocks.  The blocks will finish at 12" so I think it's safe to say we are going to have enough blocks to make a good size quilt!  Mary had 15 done the last time I talked to her.  If I get up to 25, just with her 15, 40 will make a good size quilt.  And the more the merrier!

Here's the fabric choices for the next 6 blocks:


It's bitter cold again today.  When I woke up this morning it was 4, and it has only climbed to 11 so far.  I really need to get a warm day so I can finish up that sewing in the basement!

Going to dinner with my friend Diane tonight.  Probably just head over to the next town.  The have a nice sit down restaurant that we like and we can sit there for a while and not be bothered.  Just going to relax and enjoy spending time with a friend.

Nick stopped over last night for a bit.  I made him a couple grilled cheese and sent him home with some banana bread from the freezer.  Also sent some more supplies for him to take care of his wounds.  He's doing well with that and I think he's going to be just fine.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Boy, you are really getting a lot of blocks done.
I need to find out where my energy went, reclaim it, and get to work myself so I have something to show for my week!

Hope Nick heals fast!