Monday, March 23, 2015

Stripping Along


Didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but got a good amount finished.  I have the strips sewn into sets of four for 6 more pair of Paducah blocks.  They are ready to be pressed, then cut into strips of four blocks.

When they are done, I will have 25 pairs of blocks made.  Need to make three more.  I have fabrics picked out for two.  One of the fabrics I'm going to use is the little hedgehog print I bought at Hancock's last year!  It's so cute.

Yesterday we went to Lowe's and I picked up some bbq grill accessories.  The little gas grill I have is ready for the junk heap, but until I get a new one, I though I would replace a few parts.  Well, when I went to Wal Mart and got an adjustable grill grate, it didn't work, so when we went to Lowe's I got these aluminum sheets with holes in them to place over the existing grates.  They are far from perfect but they worked out okay.  I made burgers last night for Ev and I, and veggie burgers for Nick.  He was over to watch a t.v. show last night.

I also picked up a grill rotisserie.  I have been wanting one for years, but they never would fit the grills we had because they were too small (the grills).  Well, this time when I replace the grill, I'm going to make sure it's capable of handling this rotisserie unit.  It's a little bit of putting the horse before the cart, but when I checked the grills at Wal Mart I also checked for the rotisseries and they didn't have them.  So I thought I had better get it while we were at Lowe's.  Seems like places get stuff like that in, then because it's seasonal, they don't reorder when it's sold out.

No comments: