Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Kids vs. Ducks

My mother used to have this sign hanging in the kitchen.  It said "Having children is like being pecked to death by a duck".  I believe it is true.

Even though I had the entire day to sew yesterday, I did not get upstairs to do anything.  When I'm upset or nervous, I cook and bake.  And this entire weekend I was a cooking and baking fool.

I don't want to go into it too much, buy my son had an incident that resulted in a 3 a.m. phone call Friday night/Saturday morning.  He's okay, with a few bumps and gurgles, but they will be okay eventually.

I will say this, we all have angels watching over us and prayer is really important.  I heard the comment that "we have to pray because we really are in control of nothing".  And if you think about it, it's true.

My opinion.  If it's not yours, it's a free country.  And if you have kids, tell them you love them.  Right now.  Just because.

No comments: