Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dessert


This piece of cake looks a bit worse for ware, but believe me, it didn't taste it!  The recipe is one I used to make all the time years ago.  I came across it when I was looking for the glaze recipe for the pork loin.

The cake is baked in a 13x9 pan and after it's cooled the topping is put on.  Well, I set the cake on top of the stove to cool, thinking it would be safe from this:


Can you see her licking her lips?

Miss Addy knocked the cake off the stove!  Luckily, it landed where only a small part of the cake touched the floor.  I pitched that part, but the rest I just rearranged in the pan and put the topping on it!  Tasted just fine!

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested:

Mandarin Orange Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 8oz can mandarin oranges, undrained
4 eggs
1 cup oil

Combine all ingredients with hand mixer.  Bake in greased 13x9 pan for 35 minutes in 350 deg. oven.  Allow cake to cool before putting on topping.

Topping

1 8oz container cool whip
1 22oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 small box instant vanilla pudding

Combine all ingredients.  Spread on cooled cake.

Cake is best after being refrigerated for a short time.

No comments: