Thursday, March 12, 2015

Potholder Palooza

This morning, before work, I needed to take the tee shirt quilt and some other scraps upstairs.  This was the pile:

See those scraps on top?  They are my practice areas from the longarm.  They are off to the side of the quilt top and help me get the tension right before I start stitching on the top.  I kept looking at them and thinking that I really need new potholders and that they would be perfect pieces for that.

So this:


Turned into this:


There is more fabric to make another one or two, but this was all I had time for this morning.  I put the Packer material inside for extra batting.  Don't think the hubby would like having potholders made out of that material.... haha.

They were messy and very far from perfect, but who cares?  They are potholders!  And since Addy has developed a taste for them lately, their lifespan may be pretty short.

No comments: