Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One, New Year

Drove to Mom's today to celebrate the holidays with her. We will have our Christmas tomorrow afternoon. Mom made a really good lasagna for dinner. I made some bagna caulda. If you didn't grow up eating this stuff, you would probably think it's disgusting. It's a hot dip, Italian in origin (we are not of Italian heritage) made of butter, garlic, anchovies and cream. It is heart attack city and so very tasty! You dip bread or cabbage or celery in it. Everyone in the house has to eat it or you can't stand to be in the same room with anyone who has eaten it! It stinks so good...haha.

Didn't do any sewing today, of course, but I did look at the final clue for the Christmas mystery. I'm not sure I like the final layout. When we get back home I'm going to lay it out on the bed as they mystery suggests, but I'm also going to rearrange the blocks and see if I find a different layout I like better. Either way, I have all the blocks done, woohoo!

No comments: