Monday, November 28, 2011

Cyber frustration and lap quilt progress

Oh, I should so learn not to crow...  I was telling everyone how I had made all these online purchases and that I was so tickled things would be delivered right to my door.  Just a few clicks of the mouse and my holiday shopping was well on it's way to being finished.  Than I looked at my online bank statement.

The major retailer that I had made four purchases online with in the last few days was showing not four but six debits from my bank account.  Sandwiched smack dab in the middle of the legitimate and authorized debits were two identical debits made two minutes apart.  This is so not good.  Called the retailer and spent 50, yes 50, minutes on the phone with them and really did not accomplish much other than getting extremely aggravated.  Called the bank and got even more aggravated when, after explaining my situation, the gal informs me that there isn't much they can do until they look at the video.  Huh?  What video?  The video of who used my card to make those purchases....  Uh, they were online purchases, I repeat.  She babbles on some more and in an exasperated voice again tells me they have to look at the video of who used my card.  Three times, I tell her there will be NO video because they were ONLINE purchases and ONLINE debits.  When she again mentions watching the video, I got a little bit (okay, I raised my voice) upset and she puts me through to her supervisor.  Long story short, my debit card is now on restricted use until we find out what's going on.  Not happy about it, but had to do it because if I didn't and more debits came through, I would be liable for them.

On a better subject, I machine quilted two more of the lap quilts tonight and ironed the remaining six tops.  This makes five of the lap quilts quilted, one basted, and six tops pressed.  Going to shoot for quilting the other one tomorrow and basting a few more tops.  Gotta keep going on them!  Time is getting short!

Raining and sleeting outside, and the wind is howling!  Guess Old Man Winter is making his entrance in a grand way.

No comments: