Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Progress again

Here's my progress so far.  Six tops have been quilted and are waiting for binding.  In this picture the other six tops are just matched up with backings and I was ironing the backings.  I finished ironing and even had time to pin baste two more tops and wind bobbins for them.  They are ready to roll tomorrow.  I AM SO INTO THIS!!!!! 

Just a side note, do you see those scissors on the table?  Those are a very good pair of Wiss shears that I bought when my kids were babies and I was into making their clothes and shirts for my husband.  That pair of shears cost quite a bit of money back then, and probably still does today.  I actually think I paid about $50 for them 20 years ago.  And I still don't think I have ever told my husband how much they cost....  I don't use them for anything but fabric.  They have endured the years well.  Just a good example of if you buy quality, it lasts.  Wish I could always AFFORD to buy quality....

Made some Polish sausage and fried potatoes for dinner.  I had some leftover meatloaf and fried potatoes.  Made Nick a quesadilla.

Random thought:  Ev has often commented that he wished our walls were drywall instead of plaster because it would be easier to put some insulation in this house (which is desperately needs, by the way).  As I sit here writing this, I look over at the wall of my room, with it's plaster bumps and texture and drips and yes, even some tiny plaster cracks near the baseboard.  And I think that a plaster wall is 'warmer' than drywall.  It's got character.  Each plaster wall is different.  They just don't make them like they used to.  I also like it because it's more soundproof.  That's important when two people in the same house are on different shifts.

No comments: