Saturday, November 26, 2011

Donna's frogs

My friend, Donna, has been working on this top off and on for quite a while now.  The frogs are pieced and the dragonflies are appliqued.  She brought it over today to baste.  Donna is going to hand quilt it for a special little boy in her life.  I hope he knows how lucky he is!

I pressed four more of the lap quilt tops and backs.   Cut them to size.  Need to get moving on them, but I have been roadblocked with another sinus infection or cold, not sure which it is.  It's really working on me good, though.  Ugh.  I hate that, I have four days off and two are spent traveling and the other two that I had planned on using to quilt like a mad woman, I can barely crawl up the steps.

So call me crazy, but I'm going to bake a turkey tomorrow.  When you don't have thanksgiving at home, there aren't any leftovers.  When there aren't any leftovers, there aren't any grilled turkey, blue cheese, and grilled red onion sandwiches.  I intend to cook the bird early in the morning and make the sandwiches for lunch AND dinner.  If anyone complains, tough patootie.  I seriously doubt there will be any complaints....

Bought the cat a scratching post yesterday.  Hope this will curb her desire to scratch my furniture.

No comments: