Saturday, November 12, 2011

Finished!


Well, as finished as it's going to get from me right now, anyway!  I quilted this top for my step mother to give to my nephew, her grandson.  I think it might be a little too feminine, but I'm not telling her that!  She said at the time she asked me to quilt it that she wanted to put points on it.  I have made it very clear that I am not going to do points, but if she wants binding on it, I'll do that.  So there's a chance the quilt is going to come back to me for binding, and that's okay, but for now, it's out of my sewing room and that's a good thing.

Something not so good....the dog with a mouth attached, aka Ivy, had a snack tonight when I went to church.  She got ahold of my Nook and ate the cover off of it!  Luckily, the Nook was not damaged and the cover was just one that I had made, but she came pretty close to being on my naughty list. 

Call me crazy, but I'm actually considering making 12 lap robes within the next 4 weeks.  Not committed to anything (although maybe I should be committed...) but our church gives care packages to church members in the nursing home.  This year, that number is 12, 10 women and 2 men.  I don't know if I'm going to attempt this or not.  Just tossing it around right now, but if I'm going to do it I need to start, like tomorrow....

1 comment:

Lynley said...

I think it looks great - blue is always good for a boy :) Keen to see how you go on the lap robes - is there much involved in making one?