Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rainy day

I would so much rather be home sewing than at work....  It's a rainy day here and the perfect weather for sewing in my pajamas.  Sigh.  Instead, I'm at work, which isn't a bad thing because I'm grateful to have a job.  I am going to go to Wal Mart at lunch to pick up some more batting.  Tonight I would like to get at least two lap quilts basted, maybe more.  I'm thinking I'll bring them down to the kitchen and baste them on top of the deep freeze. 

Getting ready for Thanksgiving.  I'm not cooking at my house, but I am going to take some of my quick breads to dinner.

On a personal note, I have to say that making these lap quilts is really a good thing for me right now.  Things have been in quite an upheaval with one of the kids and having a way to get away from that by working on this project has been a Godsend.  There have been times in the past when things at home, with the kids, or other 'just life' stuff have gotten me down and I have turned inward and not done any quilting.  Maybe it is a form of depression, but not so bad that it ever was debilitating, thankfully.  This time, I saw it coming and decided I was NOT going to let it go in that direction, instead I was going to use the quilting as my therapy.  And do you know what?  It worked.  It worked very well, in fact.  I accomplished more than I thought I could (even just to this point, I know that I have more to do yet!), and as I sewed, I was able to put things into perspective and work through them, then move forward.  I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Service heals wounded souls--both giver and receiver.