Monday, November 14, 2011

It's a start


I know these aren't the best pics, but here are two quick tops I put together from blocks and partially put together pieces.  The purple and white was from a block lotto that I participated in many years ago and won 9 blocks from.  This was enough to make the top just shy of 36 inches square, so I added a 2" border all the way around.  The second was a partially assembled group of blocks I rescued at the thrift store.  They really didn't make any sense, the way they had begun to be assembled, so I really didn't try to make any sense of it and just put them together in a way that was pleasing to my eye.  The blocks were around 10 inches square, so this top finished around 40x40.  Because of the colors, I think this could be one of the men's quilts.

Now, I am still not saying that I will get 12 lap quilts finished before the deadline, which is the second weekend in December.  However, I feel that I can at least work on the tops with pieces I may have around here that could use a good home.  And if I happen to get the tops finished, what fun I will have machine quilting them!  Going to give the old Kenmore a good oiling here in the next day or two!

No comments: