Sunday, November 13, 2011

Trees one or trees two?


Okay, one line of trees or two?  I'm making a wall hanging and it's kind of hard to see because I put the piece on top of my white ironing surface, but the trunks have a white background between them.  Nick suggested making the top row with blue triangles to look like stars, but make the triangles in between the trees on the bottom row white like the snow on the ground.  Going to make a strip of trees like that and lay it out and see what I like.

So, like many parents of just barely adult children, I now have both of my kids back living at home.  This is a good thing for all concerned, but will take a little getting used to again.

Took Ivy for a walk tonight.  No one was up for going with me, so we just took a short walk.  It's been unseasonably warm today, so taking advantage of the warmer weather as long as we can.

Made a nice big dinner tonight.  Cooked a beef roast in the dutch oven on top of the stove, baked some scalloped potatoes, had salad and applesauce, oh and sauerkraut!  It was a pretty good meal.  I baked a batch of bread in jars again today.  This was an experimental batch.  It has peaches in it.  Half is just plain peaches and the other also has nuts in it.  I think it's a keeper.  I'm starting to wonder about some kind of savory bread in jars that might be good.  I should look for a good base recipe to work with.  Just not tonight.  Didn't get much sleep last night, so I'm about ready to drop.

1 comment:

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

I prefer the look of the two rows of trees. A nice little wall hanging sounds like a fun project to get ready for the winter season.