Saturday, February 19, 2011

Almost done

I have been doing laundry all day, as predicted, and I'm almost done.  I stripped the bed completely, mattress pad, quilts, etc. and have washed everything off of it, trying to keep from getting Ev's cold.  My throat is a bit sore tonight and I'm really hoping that I'm not going to get it.  Took some tylenol and planning to go to bed early, like in about ten minutes.!

I pressed all those strips of half square triangles for RRCB today, and also pressed some brown material I'm going to use on the border.  Need to cut that material and then I will be getting back to sewing on it.

Oh, the washer is leaking again.  I don't know if it's leaking somewhere in the back that might just need to be tightened, like a hose connection, or what.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get down there and check it out better.  It's not bad, right now.

We went and looked at steel toe boots for Ev but he didn't find a pair that he liked that fit.  Next week he will be on twelve hour shifts all week, and then it won't be long and the shoe truck will be at the plant (in March) so I guess he will just wait until the truck comes.

While blog surfing today I ran across Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and she was talking about quesadilla's.  So of course that put me in the mood for them.  We ended up having them for supper tonight.  They were pretty good.  I cut some steak up into strips and cooked it, sauteed mushrooms, onions and spinach, and used them for filling along with cheese.

No comments: