Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just a good day all around

I am in a very thankful mood lately.  God has really blessed me and my family, in so very many ways.

Nick is teaching lessons tonight.  I haven't done much sewing but will probably get some done over the upcoming three day weekend.  If I do, great, if I don't, it's okay too.  I crocheted two more dishcloths the last couple nights.  I wish I could find some thinner cotton yarn to make them out of.  If anyone knows where I can get some, please let me know.  Thanks.

I am just going to make Ev some frozen fish patties tonight for dinner.  Not in much of a cooking mood.  I made a big pot of beef stew last night and he hardly touched it.  I froze most of it except for one container for him to take to work.  This morning I got up a little early and made a dozen breakfast sandwiches, 8 with meat and 4 with out, all with egg and cheese on biscuits.  For three days in a row I have had to go to the Ford dealership with three different vehicles for maintenance.  Tuesday it was an oil change in my car.  Wednesday it was tires and an oil change in Ev's truck.  Today it was an oil change and new tire on Nick's car.  When I take a vehicle in for service, I like to take the mechanics something for breakfast.  Tuesday it was just some storebought cookies.  Wednesday I picked up a breakfast pizza.  Today I made the biscuit sandwiches.  Those guys in the shop work hard and they really take care of me and our vehicles. 

Ev's still got that lousy cold.  This is the third week for it and it's getting really long in the tooth.  Tuesday night he started coughing at 3:30 in the morning and didn't stop, so of course I was up from that time on.  Last night I got a head start on sleeping until about 1:30 when he came to bed, but then didn't sleep very well because he was restless.  I'm hoping tonight will be better.

No comments: