Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tomorrow is my Friday on Thursday

This will be a short week for me, as we have Friday off for Lincoln's Birthday.  In the morning Friday, I have to go to St. Louis to wait for some workers at Gram's house, but the afternoon will be all mine.  I'm even thinking of taking some projects to cut while waiting at Gram's.  I could easily use my cutting mat on the counter.  Tossing that one around in my little pea brain....

I've also been thinking of making a tumbler quilt.  Not sure how big a project that would be to cut, though.  I've seen those new AccuCut Go die cutters, and they have a tumbler die available.  The thing is, first you have to cut the material into the right size for the die, then you can only cut so many pieces of material at a time, like 8 or something like that.  And the dies are pretty costly, not to mention the machine itself isn't cheap.  I do not think I want one.

Had a little trouble with my Martelli 60mm cutter over the weekend.  The spring got all wonky.  I emailed them and they have sent a replacement.  I got it today.  I sure like that company.  They have really good customer service.  Don't always find that these days.  I will say I think Verizon tops my list for customer service.  Dell is right up there (even though I don't even own a Dell computer right now!) speaking from past experience.  And Nolting.  I have my heart set on that 24" Nolting Pro and every single thing I have read about Nolting as a company and their products has been positive.  I will have my dream machine some day.  Just gonna take a little more blood, sweat, and tears...  sigh.

No comments: