Monday, February 7, 2011

As the thread tangles

Well, I finally got myself upstairs and did some sewing today.  When I first got upstairs I noticed my brand new, $20 cone of white thread on Nick's bed.  The second thing I noticed was that it was not in it's wrapper.  Ivy had gotten into the sewing room, taken the brand new cone of thread, and proceeded to chew on it.  Agh.  I unwound yards and yards of it to get down to a usable portion, but even that had flaws because of where she had chewed.  I decided the best way to get down to the most usable part was to start winding bobbins with it, and if there was a thread break and the bobbin wasn't fully wound, it wasn't going to be a big deal.  That's what I did and even though there are still a few thread breaks, it's no where near as bad as it was at the beginning of the cone.  It could have been a lot worse, although I do hate that I had to waste so much thread.

I did finish sewing the rows of half square triangle strips of five.  Next I need to press some brown fabric and cut it into triangles to sew onto the border pieces.  I would have cut the strips for them but when I saw the material needed to be pressed I lose my mojo.  I still need to press the sets of squares, too.

Watched the Superbowl yesterday.  I like the commercials.  My favorite was the Budweiser, cowboys and the Elton John song, Tiny Dancer. 

I got our Federal Taxes done Saturday.  It was a relief to get at least the Federal ones done and out of the way. 

No comments: