Saturday, February 26, 2011

Very busy Saturday

Today it was go, go, go all day long.  It started out early when Lori and I went to breakfast then did some shopping in Litchfield.  We went to Aldi, Dollar Tree, and Wal Mart.  After I got home Ev and I took off for the boot store I heard good things about in Fenton, Missouri.  It was over an hour drive, but it was so very worth it.  The store is huge and has every kind of boot you can think of.  I kind of had to trick Ev to get him to go there.  I didn't actually tell him it was in Fenton until we were in Missouri.  He is such a fuddy duddy sometimes.  He desperately needed new boots for work, but just didn't want to be bothered getting them.  Last week I drug him over to Hamel to check out the Red Wing Boots that the feed store carries.  They didn't have anything he liked in his size, so that was a bust.  This place in Fenton is called Chuck's Boots and Johanna's boyfriend suggested it.  He gets his work boots there.  My friend Barb also recommended it.  Her boys get their boots there, too.  Ev loved the place.  He found a comfortable pair of work books, steel toed, for a reasonable price.  He also checked out the Harley Davidson boots.  I think for his birthday we will go there and get him a pair of Harley boots.  I kinda bribed him with the fact that there was a Harley Davidson dealer on the way that we could stop at and get him a tee shirt from.  He loves to have HD tee shirts from different Harley dealers.  He has them from 6 different ones now.  That isn't many, but it's a good start!

After our running in MO, we called Johanna and Ben to see if they wanted to meet us for gyro's.  They did and we all had dinner together.  Nick was still at home, but since he wouldn't have eaten gyro meat I didn't feel too guilty.  When I got home I made him two cheese quesadillas and he was a happy camper.

I'm so full, really to the point of being uncomfortable.  I shouldn't have eaten so much, but it was such good food!  sigh.

Today was my dad's birthday.  Tomorrow we are going to my brother Gus' for a fish fry to celebrate at noon.  I'm taking the ever famous green bean casserole.  Dad requested it.

No comments: