Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Seven a.m.. Pictures

 Here's a few pictures from my little corner of the world.  We have a blizzard warning this morning.  Right now all we have is ice and sleet.  They are predicting a lot of snow today.  Our office is closed so I have a snow day just like the kiddies!
 Not going to be doing much grilling today!  I'm so glad that both the kids' college's canceled classes today.
 I love our big old sweetgum tree, but when it ices up on the branches like this, I worry about losing power.  I also worry about branches coming down on the roof or on the cars.  The cars are usually parked in front of the house under this tree.  Last night Nick and I moved them to the back by the garage.
It doesn't look like much on the ground in this picture but there is ice covering everything.  And I mean everything!
 Here's one of the front bushes, all coated in ice.  I would like to get rid of the two bushes like this in the front of the house, but they do look pretty with that glaze over them.  A lot of birds usually live in them.  And we all know how fond I am of birds...NOT!
Just a shot of the street to the West of the front porch.  The news keeps showing the weather and the roads.  It seems people are actually being fairly smart and staying off the highways.  What a switch!  I sure hope our neighbor stays home today.  That's her little red car across the street.  She's the same age as Johanna and works in the next town over.
So, my internet friends, if you don't hear from me, it's because the ice has either taken down the power lines or the phone (DSL) lines.  Enjoy the weather and please be safe!

No comments: