Sunday, February 20, 2011

Do NOT look behind the washing machine...

Ugh.  So I decided to try and figure out where the washer was leaking from.  I took a flashlight and a grabber (one of those thingies that helps you get things off of the top shelf when you feel vertically challenged) and braced myself for what I would find.  Behind the washing machine was a place no person had dared to go before me.  Yuck.  Wet, moldy stuff awaited me.  Eww.  Dirty cardboard, broken glass, and something that looked suspiciously like soggy toilet paper stared back at me from the abyss.  Grateful for the grabber and the fact that I would not need to actually touch any of these things, I started grabbing and throwing away everything behind the washer.  Stuff was quite wet.  Sigh.  Now, I was hoping that it was a loose hose or something simple like that, but I don't think I'm going to be that lucky.  The input hoses are connected very very tightly.  The output hose seems loose, but without pulling the machine away from the corner, I can't really get a good look at it.  I ran a load of wash and went down in mid cycle to find the floor wetter than it was.  I may just have to break down and call Sears.  I do not like the repairperson that our local Sears sends out.  He gives me the creeps.

I don't think that I will mention to whoever comes out the wine glass incident.  Does anyone remember my stupidity?  I'll 'fess up...to you, but not the repairperson...  I had bought some shirts at the thrift store and a couple wine glasses.  The gal at the counter wrapped the glasses in the shirts.  When I got home, I just shoved all the shirts into the washer, and you guessed it, I forgot about the wineglasses being wrapped in them!  This has been a long time ago, but who knows what damage I did internally and is just now surfacing?  I shudder to think about it....  So I'm going to keep using the machine until I get a brainstorm on how to fix it or break down and call Sears.  I do love that washer.  It's a Kenmore front loader and I got it in 2004.

So Dear Son is still sleeping (ha, what a surprise!) and I am chomping at the bit to get into my sewing room.  It's not going to happen anytime soon today, though.  I'm going to wake Nick up in a few minutes so he can get into the shower.  Then at 1:30 he, Ev, and I are all going to Johanna's work to have lunch with her.  Ben and Johnathon are going to be there too, so that will be nice.  Maybe when we get home from lunch I can get some sewing done.  Ev has to work tonight from 11 to 3, so I'm sure he will be taking a nap at some point.  That will give me an excuse to be upstairs.  When we are home on the weekends and he is just sitting around, sometimes I feel like I should be sitting with him because we don't see a lot of each other during the week.

No comments: