Friday, October 28, 2011

Ah Choo!

My latest little venture was to make these cute little pocket tissue holders.  They were really quick and easy, so I made up a bunch of them with scraps.
I just kind of winged it on the pattern.  I used three pieces of scraps, each 4"x6".  I put two of them right sides together and folded them longways, to crease, then opened them up again.  I sewed an inch and a half in from the edge on each side, then folded each piece back so they were wrong sides together.  This formed the top of the tissue holder with a three inch opening.  Place this on top of the third rectangle, with the right side of the material facing the just formed top piece.  Sew around the edges, with a quarter inch seam.  Trim the corners and turn right side out.  Put a pocket pack of tissues in the holder and you are good to go!

Went to see Puss in Boots tonight with my friend Barb.  It was a cute cartoon and I really enjoyed it.  It was my first movie in 3D, which was really cool.

No comments: