Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nearing the finish line

I am so close to having the 36 patch quilt done it's making me crazy!  I completed the quilting on it tonight.  Since Ev was home, I called him upstairs and he guided the last 2" of quilting through the machine, just so we could say he helped on it.  hee hee.  After getting the quilting completed, and taking a deep breath, I trimmed the extra batting and backing material from the sides.  Then I started auditioning fabric for the binding.  I have three possibilities laid out, but haven't cut anything yet.  I'm considering using a neutral, even though the fabrics I have laid out are all greens.  It's too late in the day to make a decision on that.  Tomorrow is another day.

While I was quilting, Ivy decided to claim some unused space as her den.  The way my sewing room is laid out, I have two six foot tables forming a right angle in a corner and my machine set into a cabinet butted into the corner that the tables form.  I can access the space to one side of me, but the rest of the space is inconvenient to get to.  Ivy decided to get under there and lay with her paws touching my foot while I was quilting!  It was really cute and I would have taken a picture, but the carpeting is dark in that room and the space was dark, so I really doubt you could have seen the black dog under the tables!

1 comment:

Liddy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished and bound! Simple, but I'm thinking it's going to be really interesting with all the fabrics in it.