Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nook cover and couch cushion

Last night I spent some time upstairs in the sewing room.  Ivy had a go at one of the couch cusions and chewed a corner of it.  Upon closer inspection of the damaged cushion, there was a funky smell in the area that she had chewed.  I removed the cover then threw it in the washer and dryer.  In the meantime, I made a slipcover out of satin scraps for the cushion.  I thought that the satin would be good because it was a tight fit in the cover.  I didn't get the actual cover repaired because the damaged area is on the bottom and I got tired and just put it back on after washing it.  That's a project for another day.

Also made a cover for my Nook.  I'll post a picture of it soon.  This was just my very first attempt at making a cover and I wanted to get something made quick, just to protect the device.  I have a lot of ideas on how to make a better cover and intend to tweak the pattern a bit.

No comments: