Friday, October 21, 2011

Ta Da!



Here's my homemade Nook cover.  This is just the very first one I've made and there are a LOT of improvements to come.  But I do like it, flaws and all.

And here are 7 of the 8 mini loaves of pumpkin apple raisin bread that I made in pint mason jars this afternoon.  This is really yummy!  I had a little over a cup of pumpkin left over from the batch of pumpkin nut bread I made a few days ago.  I added enough homemade applesauce to make the two cups of required yumminess the recipe calls for, and I decreased the sugar by half a cup because the applesauce was very sweet.  I added raisins instead of nuts.  It is pretty good eats!

I also baked 6 mini loaves of chocolate cake in jars.  It was just a box cake mix, but I did try to jazz it up a bit by dropping a large marshmallow in the middle of a few of the jars to see if it would make a cool gooey center.  FYI, that was a flop...  The marshmallow went to the top and oozed over the rims of the jars.  Oh well, I'm sure the taste won't be adversely affected.  I froze those already, to no pic right now.

No comments: