Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Another year of trick or treating has come and gone.  We had about 20 ghosts and goblins tonight.  Less than yesterday.  I have a few leftover caramel apples and some other goodies, but that's not a problem...  lol

Went upstairs and worked on hiding some of the thread tails on that baby blanket.  I haven't even started in earnest to machine quilt it, this was just from the foundation quilting.  ugh.

So many times I have started to complain on this blog about my job.  And an equal number of times I have stopped myself.  I'm going to stop myself again, and I AM extremely thankful that I have a job in today's economy.  My hours were restored, so I'm back to getting a full paycheck starting next month.  It's just a dead end street, where I'm at, and since I have twenty more years to work in my life, I don't want to stay somewhere where I'm stagnant.  So that's about all I'm going to say, even though it is a drop in the bucket compared to what I'm feeling now and have been feeling for a long time.

What I really want is to be able to do something quilty as my paying job.  And someday I may be able to make that dream come true.  In the meantime, I'll continue to smile and go to work every day and thank God for my job.

No comments: