Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sewing Sunday

Spend some time upstairs quilting the 36 patch.  It's at the fullest point, where I need to push the most material
through the machine throat.  I will say it's a struggle, but it's do-able.  Can't move too quickly on it because I have to reposition it very frequently but so far so good.

Brought my cactus plant inside today.  I think there may be a few walnuts planted in it from the neighborhood squirrels.  I hope the squirrel doesn't come knocking at the door wanting his winter stash!  haha.

Had lunch with my dad and his wife today.  Ev came with.  We went to a restaurant a couple towns over to celebrate my birthday tomorrow.  It was a good lunch.  I had fried chicken.  yummy!

Took Ivy for a two mile walk today.  She sure loves to walk.  I think she will have a great time when we take her to the state parks and hike this week.  We have never had such a spoiled dog as this.  I think we are becoming old folks who dote on their dog because their children are grown...  Oh well! hahaha

When Johanna and Ben get Johnathon again I think we may take him to see the Lion King.  I remember when it came out the first time, taking the kids to see it when they were really little. 

Put together a quickie vegetarian lasagna for Nick and broiled a couple steaks for Ev and I for dinner tonight.  Also made garlic bread, brussel sprouts, and potatoes.  Was a pretty good dinner!

No comments: