Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mo-ti-va-tion

That's what I seemed to be lacking this past week.  I just can't seem to get motivated to do any sewing.  After work, all week, I just came home and plopped on the couch most days.  I could blame it on it being the first week back after vacation, I suppose.

Johanna was here over night and requested 'monkey bread'.  I dug out the recipe and made a couple pans of it.  One we kept here and the other I took to my friend's house last night for a Halloween Party.  It turned out pretty good!

The kids always used to love this bread when I made it.  It's a little time consuming, but always a big hit.  This time I wrapped two different kind of cheeses with the dough - cheddar and pepper jack.  In the past I have wrapped ham, pepperoni, and sausage also. 

We also make  a sweet version of monkey bread with a biscuit dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar.  It's all good...  yum!

Today we went over to my dad's for my sister in law's birthday.  I made a big pan of green bean casserole because 1. it was easy and 2. everyone likes it.  Dad has a couple of dogs that just crack me up sometimes.  Here is Max reading a magazine, and Lucy's back end even got in the picture!

I did get upstairs in the sewing room and cut some pieces for two lap quilts for the nursing homes.  I cut enough charm squares to make one top and enough pieces to start making a double slice top.  Hey, it's a start...


No comments: