Sunday, October 7, 2012

So close, and yet so far...

One.  Last.  Pass.  That's all it needs and I can take it off the frame and label and bind Nick's quilt.  I'm blaming my husband for me not finishing it today.  I was ready to make the last pass and he called me outside to help do something in the yard.  I just never got back to the quilt. 

After helping Ev, I had to get the shrimp ready for the grill, make a few side dishes, and wash the quilts on the bed.  Changed the sheets today so of course the quilts got washed too.  I love the smell and feel of fresh linen.

I have tomorrow off for Columbus Day.  With a little luck I will get this quilt off the frame and another one loaded.  We will see what happens...

The shrimp turned out very good.  I think the key is not to overcook them.

I also experimented and made my own rice and vermicelli mixture.  It came out good too. 

No comments: