Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Four rabbits and a groundhog

I'm a sucker for wildlife.  On my way to work today, before I had even gotten out of town, I saw four rabbits and a groundhog.  The rabbits were less than a block away from my house and were running around and playing with each other.  The groundhog was a few blocks away and was sitting up in a ditch, just checking out his world.  That was a good way to start my day.  I enjoy seeing critters in nature.

Tonight I hope to get upstairs and press what needs pressing on the Four Patch Plaid top and get the borders sewn on.  Then I can start on the next top!  I'm thinking I might try and use up more of those leftover strips.  Maybe I will make a bunch of 16 patch blocks with 2" squares and then some 4 patch blocks with 4" squares.  Just tossing the idea around right now.

Normally, when I purchase a book, I look at it for a while, ooohhh and ahhhh over the patterns, then put it aside to gather dust and age gracefully with it's forgotten brothers and sisters.  That's not what happened when I got Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth.  Although I have not followed the directions exactly (my units weren't all made from 5" squares - I used the sizes that I already had on hand), I have made three of the quilts from the book now.  I would recommend this book to anyone who is a scrap quilter.

No comments: