Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ivy and Ribs

Some pics of the dog, cat, and food.  Not necessarily in that order or all together!

Ivy has the entire king sized bed to lay on and where does she choose to nap?  On my pillow!

 This was last night.  See the darkness outside the window?
Ivy is counting sheep here!

So when daylight comes around, it's a different story.  I have to move my pillows that I sleep on and put a couple of old pillows I keep just for this purpose in the window. 

Then sometimes it's double trouble.  Shadow the cat likes to view the world through that particular spot also!

I guess they like to watch the birds and squirrels and rabbits.

Today my mom and stepdad are coming down.  I have some baby back ribs to put on the grill, and have made a really good cake for dessert.

 Here are the ribs before they go on the grill.  Actually, I am putting them in the oven on real low heat to get them mostly cooked.  My gas grill isn't big enough to do them justice for the entire cooking time, and I really don't want to burn over $30 worth of meat.  I'll cook them in the oven a while, then when they are ready to get sauced, I'll put them on the grill.

And this is the cake I baked.  Absolutely the easiest cake in the world to make and very very tasty.  One box regular angel food cake mix and one 20 oz can of crushed pineapple with the juice.  Put in 9x13 pan that was lightly sprayed with nonstick spray.  Bake 35 mins in 350 degree oven. 

I might have posted that recipe before, but it is worth repeating. 

So right now Ev and Nick are out riding, Johanna is at a friends, and I have a couple hours before company gets here.  Going to head upstairs and work on the Four Patch Plaid top a bit!  Hope I have enough pieces!  hahahaha.


4 comments:

Bev said...

I love the photos of your dog; thanks for sharing! I have a question about your cake - do you just mix the dry cake mix with the can of crushed pineapple and bake or do you need to add the other 'regular' ingredients listed on the box of angel food cake mix? Thanks!

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bunbear said...

hi bev, yes, you just mix a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple with juice with a box of dry angel food cake mix. it's really good! and low fat.

horsnaround said...

Love love love the pet pics! So cute.