Thursday, August 15, 2013

Purple frenzy

 Here's a couple of pics of the purple quilt for the nursing homes. 
I've got a nice piece of material picked out for a border and hope to get it on the top tonight.  I even had Johanna check it out and it meets her approval...

While she was in the sewing room, she decided to rummage through the fabric stash.  I had fallen asleep on the couch and woke up to her calling me upstairs.  She had different fabrics scattered across the floor trying to decide what to use and if there was enough of each piece.  Cracks me up.

Nick got some good news.  Yesterday he got a call from one of the places he interviewed and they offered him the job!  This should be a great move for him.  Where he is at is not so hot.  They went the whole winter in the office without heat, and that's just a tip of the iceberg of all the stuff that's gone on.  I'm glad he's putting this place behind him.

So the purple quilt is the 9th one I will have done.  Two more and I will have enough tops made for the nursing homes.  Not sure what those last two will be yet.  Something easy, probably.

No comments: